Monday, February 2, 2015

Random Map Monday 7


This week I've been working on another project.  Yeah, I know.  I'm a poster child for gamer ADHD.  This is the Village of Offcombe.  I stole the name from an episode of Robin of Sherwood - The Swords of Wayland.  Although in the episode it's called Uffcombe, but I always heard it Offcom.  I also stole the main guy who asks the Robin Hood crew to help his village, Gareth.  I always liked the name.  But in my version Gareth is the lord over the village that is being attacked by the Endless Enemy.

Sounds fancy eh?

Anyway, to the map.  I changed out the Offcombe map a couple of times until I found one I liked.  This one made more sense to me.  The other maps had indefensible huts.  Or kindling to most invaders.  This one at least had a small keep nearby and made sense for Gareth, a fighting lord who has settled this land.

The entire adventure is done in the sepia coloring.  It gives the look I want.  Even the text is brownish in color to give it that aged feel.  Plus I have cardstock that fits the theme.  I'll scan in pictures of the working cover tonight or tomorrow.

Until next Monday, keep drawing maps!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, the sepia works really well. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is as fancy a map as I've seen lately. Bravo Lord Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is as fancy a map as I've seen lately. Bravo Lord Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ofcom is the British government regulator for TV and radio :)

    ReplyDelete